Wednesday 31 December 2014

New Year's Eve: Saying Goodbye to 2014

Another year draws to a close. There's a twinge in my chest as I look back at 2014 and leave the memories (good and bad) behind. 2014 saw so many highlights, just as it witnessed some truly low moments.

2015. A chance to start afresh according to the onslaught of posts going up on Facebook and Google+. I hope it brings you all the fresh start that you're seeking. The truth is that we can scrub out the pages and start again at any point in time. It's only that it feels somehow better to do it at the start of new year.




Today, I'm getting ready to leave all of the pain from last year behind. To make it easier on myself, I'm also going to do some things that might not entirely please some other people. I've done everything I can to try to make things better with some people but I've reached that stage now where I know that I physically cannot do anymore. You see, making the effort is all well and good...but you cannot be the only person to do it. If the other person will not even contemplate compromising or meeting you halfway then you've done all that you can.

The only thing left for me to do now is forget and continue on with life. The easiest way for me to do that is to stop all contact with the things that cause me pain. It might be hard at first but I suspect it's for the best. The end of 2014 is a time for saying goodbye to the old, after all.




The fact is that it wasn't 2014 that made the mistakes. It was me. I made mistakes and the worst thing is that I'm not able to fix them. So, the only thing left to do is turn the page and start scrawling down new adventures in 2015. I know that everything that happens in life is my choice so I'm going to make sure 2015 is a good year for myself and the people who matter most to me.

Goodbye, 2014. You did the best you could with the tools you were given.

No comments:

Post a Comment