Sunday 21 December 2014

Dreams - Mouth Dreams

As someone who tends to have a fair few strange dreams, I thought I'd write a few blogs which attempt to work out the meanings behind why we dream about certain things.
One thing I've dreamed about a lot recently is vomit. In a few dreams, I've literally been holding sick in my mouth because I've been in a public place. In one dream, I had to get off the bus early and run through a shopping centre until I could find a public toilet to use. The vomit that came out in those dreams was actually bits of food, utterly whole and perfect.
In other dreams, I've pulled endless clumps of orange peel string out of mouth and almost choked on it. Again, I had to rush to the safety of a bathroom before I could do anything.
In my last dream, I was regurgitating milk into a bin whilst being watched by a small child who needed my help.
So, for anyone else experience vomit-filled dreams, what does it all mean?

Vomit
Vomit, in general, often refers to a purging of some sort of emotion. Perhaps there's some part of life - or some aspect happening in your life - that is literally making you feel "sick to your stomach".
Vomiting could also mean that you're unhappy with the way life has turned out or that you feel you've overindulged too much lately.
Since these particular dreams involved trying to avoid public places, the dream was probably signalling that too much has been held back in social settings. Emotions have been suppressed but they're threatening to spiral out of control, as it were.

Pulling String Out of Mouth

Again, the fact that things are literally being pulled from the mouth indicates that you are trying to get rid of an aspect which you don't like from your life. It may even be that you've felt you've had to hold your tongue too much around other people recently. Since the string is being yanked out of the mouth endlessly, it suggests a desperate need to get rid of something unpleasant or upsetting. It may even be that you've felt people have been "stringing you along" and the dream world is reflecting that in some way.

Tips

  • Try to look at the exterior factors going on in your life and see if you can spot any similarities
  • Think about how you were feeling in the dream. Did you feel helpless? Panicked? Irritated? Hurt? Had you experienced feelings similar to those just before having the dream?
Happy dream interpreting! I'll be back to chat about more dreams and random reflections soon, I expect! Feel free to leave a comment if you've experienced similar dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment